Employee Relations Manager
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Employee Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing plans, policies, and programs affecting QIC’s relations with employees and their representatives.
You will be an objective partner to HR and managers within QIC to resolve employee relations issues, including, investigations, performance management, and provide expert consultation. You will also ensure consistent and equitable treatment of employees, provide policy interpretation and make recommendations/implement new policies and programs that facilitate education, awareness, and positive employee relations.
- Establish and maintain open communication channels with employees, develop employee relations programs and ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Administer the employee disciplinary review process.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with employees; counsel and investigate employee work-related problems.
- Support the performance management process by providing general consultation, preparation of written warnings, performance improvement plans, coaching, key messaging and other related documents.
- Analyze and recommend solutions to work-related problems or disputes.
- Professional resolution of the escalated queries/matters.
- Develop and implement employee communications programs, employee activities, and employee recognition programs.
- Coordinate and provide referrals for employee assistance programs.
- Assist employees with investigation and presentation at Employee Disciplinary Review Committee hearings.
- Administer and recommend new employee relations programs.
- Establishment and leadership of the of the Payroll function
- Recruitment and selection of the Employee Relations team
- Team management and the mentorship of HR and Employee Relations Specialists
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
- Master Degree in Management or related field desirable
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Employee Relations working for a global company
Personal Characteristics for Success
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- Exhibits an unusual degree of common sense in working with co-workers and the executive team.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while remaining cost-sensitive.
- Must exhibit a commitment to continuous learning.
- High degree of confidentiality
- Expert in employment law to keep the company safe from lawsuits and has a proven ability to work well in consultation with an employment law attorney.
- Strong commitment to and interest in employee relations and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment. Structured or large company experience will not work here.
- Experience in organization development and change management.
- Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: Human Resources and Recruitment
- Manages Others: Yes
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience : Min: 5
- Nationality: Saudi Arabia